Feb 22, 2013

Thoughts to Share...

I love how there are these moments (sadly not often for me but I do try!) where I really read Qur'an...I mean I read and listen to the words not just read to convince myself that 'I read a bit of Qur'an for the day'. And in one of these moments I was reading Surat Ali-Imran which is Chapter 3 in the Quran and I came upon verses number 14 & 15 and I stopped. Subhanallah they were so beautiful, you know why? Because these two verses show the difference between what this ending life has to offer us and what the eternal life in Paradise has to offer us. May we be from the people of Paradise..Ameen! The verses go like this, read them with focus;

Allah says in the Quran:
Bismillah Al-Rahmaan Al-Raheem,


{Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire - of women and sons, heaped-up sums of gold and silver, fine branded horses, and cattle and tilled land. That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allah has with Him the best return.
Say, "Shall I inform you of [something] better than that? For those who fear Allah will be gardens in the presence of their Lord beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally, and purified spouses and approval from Allah . And Allah is Seeing of [His] servants - } (Qur'an 3:14-15)

 And then the verses go on to explain who are Allah's servants?

{Those who say, "Our Lord, indeed we have believed, so forgive us our sins and protect us from the punishment of the Fire,".... The patient, the true, the obedient, those who spend [in the way of Allah ], and those who seek forgiveness before dawn.} (Qur'an 3:16-17)


So let us try to be from those people who remember to ask for forgiveness from Allah when we do wrong, for He is always there and He is always watching.
Let us remember to thank Him for the many countless blessings He bestowed upon us.
Let us try to move our hearts before they wilt like a flower and die. For even though our hearts are beating but they might be dead...if we don't read Qur'an, if we don't remember Allah by doing tasbeeh for example, if we don't pray the 5 prayers, if we don't instill the teachings of Islam into our lives...then what is our purpose in life really?

I pray that Allah guides me and you unto the right path always. I pray that he keeps our hearts beating with the remembrance of Him. I pray that our hearts and tongues never stop from doing remembrance of Allah. I pray that Allah grants us Khushoo in Salah. And I pray that Allah keeps us strong on the beautiful path of Islam!

This is a reminder to me first before anyone else for I feel like life has taken up all my time and I don't put time for the more important and beneficial things, the more valuable things. We need to start prioritizing our lives better to lead a much happier and comfortable life.

Whatever I said that's wrong is from me and whatever I said that's true is from Allah.

Until next time,

Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment